The Student Room Group

Medical reading- is it needed for med application??????

I am year 12 student in UK and i will be applyign in sept 2023 but i have only so far watched some documentaries and medical dramas. iVe done no wider reading other than for my EPQ but those were journals and articles. Do you think it is really important for me to read as many books as possible or should i just focus more on the rest of the application and starying up to date with medical news
I really doubt medical dramas are an accurate source for basing any decisions about medicine on...most likely the important thing will be reflecting on your work experience critically and understanding the realities of working in medicine and in the NHS.

Unless you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, in which case they probably will expect you to have engaged with the basic sciences beyond the core A-level science curriculum in some way, just due to the emphases of their courses.
(edited 9 months ago)
I did but I didnt have space to mention them in my personal statement. but they are enjoyable to read and give you a better insight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending