The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Clearing University of Birmingham

Hi, does anyone know how long they take with admissions for early clearing? As I placed an application for my first year at UoB Law and called them, the woman wasn't really helpful but she did ask me to send them a new personal statement and a transcript of my first year of uni at Liverpool. I'm very confused about how the process works as I'm doing it independently. can anyone help
Original post by jotty120
Hi, does anyone know how long they take with admissions for early clearing? As I placed an application for my first year at UoB Law and called them, the woman wasn't really helpful but she did ask me to send them a new personal statement and a transcript of my first year of uni at Liverpool. I'm very confused about how the process works as I'm doing it independently. can anyone help

This is one of those questions that only Brum can answer I'm afraid. It might depend on how many clearing apps they have on a given day, or what staff they have available that look after that specific course.

I would give them a call and see if they are working to any approx timescales. I presume they'll call/email you with the outcome.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
This is one of those questions that only Brum can answer I'm afraid. It might depend on how many clearing apps they have on a given day, or what staff they have available that look after that specific course.

I would give them a call and see if they are working to any approx timescales. I presume they'll call/email you with the outcome.

yeah I have rung them and they are just waiting for the admissions officers to review it but no time scale was given, the annoying thing is the woman made me apply for the course through clearing but I have been reading and apparently that shouldn't have been the case. as you only to do that if the university are 100% giving you the place. so I'm just really confused. do I still look for other uni or wait for their response which could be days or weeks? As I'm guessing they will wait till results day for better candidates?
Original post by jotty120
yeah I have rung them and they are just waiting for the admissions officers to review it but no time scale was given, the annoying thing is the woman made me apply for the course through clearing but I have been reading and apparently that shouldn't have been the case. as you only to do that if the university are 100% giving you the place. so I'm just really confused. do I still look for other uni or wait for their response which could be days or weeks? As I'm guessing they will wait till results day for better candidates?

Yes, so normally you would either call or submit a webform for them to consider you, then they'd make you an offer, and only then would you refer your application to them via Hub. Now the application is with them you are in limbo, as you technically aren't eligible for clearing and some uni's might be a bit funny about speaking to you. However, some will, so it is worth looking around and seeing what is available. Many unis has webforms to register interest which are summarised here.

The good news is that there is little activity during this early clearing phase so it's less likely that other courses will disappear before AL results day.

Reasonably, I would leave it with them for 2-3 working days and then call to follow up and see if they might be a bit more committal about turnaround times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending