The Student Room Group

+/- 10% of 10 minutes for presentation

Hi! I recently did a presentation for a module and I went under the limit in terms of duration for the presentation i.e. I completed the presentation in 7-8 minutes rather than 10 minutes. It’s a 20% difference from the -10% limit at most and I was wondering if I might get penalised for it. If so, what’s the penalty for it if the “word limit” section for the entire presentation is worth 6 marks? I think I generally presented well too but I’m panicking because every mark counts. They won’t take away the full 6 marks, will they?
Well 7-8 minutes is approximately 25%.

You might get away without penalty if the marker felt the detail & volume of content was sufficient and to a high standard.

If they specifically mention “word count” as an objective marked in the rubric they are probably specifically wanting you to learn to control your timings (it’s very normal for people to speed up in public speaking especially if nervous), id say 7-8 minutes is noticeably short but simultaneously not exactly horrendous. Id guess you would loose 2 of the 6 marks.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Well 7-8 minutes is approximately 25%.

You might get away without penalty if the marker felt the detail & volume of content was sufficient and to a high standard.

If they specifically mention “word count” as an objective marked in the rubric they are probably specifically wanting you to learn to control your timings (it’s very normal for people to speed up in public speaking especially if nervous), id say 7-8 minutes is noticeably short but simultaneously not exactly horrendous. Id guess you would loose 2 of the 6 marks.

Thanks for your help! It turned out that I wasn’t penalised for it after all, so that’s a relief!
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your help! It turned out that I wasn’t penalised for it after all, so that’s a relief!

Great np then!

In most university assignments they wouldn’t dock marks for very minor word count infractions, it’s mostly there to provide a level playing field on the level of detail expected & so students don’t take the **** on written/report based submissions.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending