The Student Room Group

French IRP

Hi, I’m doing my IRP in french and I’m doing it on the film entre les murs. In the 2 min presentation would I have to summarise the whole film or the background or the headings I will go on to discuss? I don’t have long to write and memorise it before my first mock so was wondering if anyone has any tips. Really need to bring my french grade up and would really benefit from seeing a previous film based IRP if any are available! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Sophia.Nagel
Hi, I’m doing my IRP in french and I’m doing it on the film entre les murs. In the 2 min presentation would I have to summarise the whole film or the background or the headings I will go on to discuss? I don’t have long to write and memorise it before my first mock so was wondering if anyone has any tips. Really need to bring my french grade up and would really benefit from seeing a previous film based IRP if any are available! Thanks :smile:

I would say do it on the headings you want to discuss.
In my school they tell us to split our topic into 4 main themes and make notes/mind maps on these, as well as one on the topic as a whole, and discuss the overview in the presentation, so our teachers can then ask questions on the headings. Given what you’ve said, I’d guess that one of your themes would likely be the background, another maybe the general plot, and maybe the other two might be big themes within the film?
That way you talk about all the things you’re wondering about, i.e. your whole topic mindmap might be the basis of your presentation and then you’d have the information from the ones for each theme to use in the 10 minute discussion.

Hope this helps, please let me know if makes no sense, I’m in this process as well at the moment so very happy to discuss techniques etc if you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest