The Student Room Group

University of York

Hi, I have received an offer to study at the University of York. The only issue is, I'm not sure if I can reliably commute from Bradford to York. Does anyone have a clue of how much it costs to commute from Bradford to York as a student?
Thank you.
Original post by Lioncase1
Hi, I have received an offer to study at the University of York. The only issue is, I'm not sure if I can reliably commute from Bradford to York. Does anyone have a clue of how much it costs to commute from Bradford to York as a student?
Thank you.

Hi!

If you are commuting by train, I think there are regular direct trains from Bradford to York (and vice versa). You could get a rail card or some kind of season pass to reduce rail costs. There is a bus at York station that runs directly to campus and during term time it normally runs every 10 mins or so. I think there are also buses that run between York and Bradford, so that could be another option to look into!

If you're looking into driving, I guess you could look into the mileage and estimate costs. You will also need to look into parking at the University and get a student parking permit.

I would also look at the estimated contact hours for your course on the website (normally this is on the course page under Teaching and Assessment.) You could also contact your department to request an example of a timetable. I studied an Arts and Humanities course with low contact hours, so I only needed to be on campus a couple of days a week. If you are doing a course that requires you to be on campus five days a week, that's something to consider when estimating costs.

I hope this helps!

Hazel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending