The Student Room Group

Any recommended reading for Psychology Conversion

Please recommend some Psychology texts, journals and articles? Especially anything to help me get to grips with SPSS? TIA
Original post by RozeyPidd
Please recommend some Psychology texts, journals and articles? Especially anything to help me get to grips with SPSS? TIA

I haven't done a degree in psychology, but I have helped someone who is doing a similar course.

Most people who do enroll in psychology degrees generally didn't take maths so stats is something they generally need to work on. I usually recommend the following text to help:
Schaum's Outline of Statistics in Psychology by Larry J Stephens
Unlike most textbooks, this is generally significantly cheaper than most (especially when you google for a second hand copy).

The following is generally a recommended book for SPSS (I haven't read it):
SPSS Survival Manual: A Step by Step Guide to Data Analysis Using IBM SPSS by Julie Pallant

Having used SPSS myself for a different degree, I found the interface and tools relatively straightforward to use. I very much doubt you would have much trouble fiddling with the software.
Failing this, SPSS is a popular stats software (for good reason too), so you should find it relatively easy to find the appropriate tutorial on YouTube.

Quick Reply

Latest