The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Peoples experience of Chemical Engineering at UCL

I have heard a few negative things about Chem Eng at UCL. For students who study Chemical Engineering there, are there more online lectures than in-person? What do you think of the lab facilities? Do you feel the course + department give students enough support?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Depends on what you are studying. I think for undergraduate study, it should be alright. Faculty are generally helpful and lectures are mostly in-person. The lab facilities are also quite well-equipped (although most of them are not in good conditions).
If you are planning to do research study here, I personally won't recommend here because of the following reasons: 1. less-flexible work hour which makes some experiments difficult to conduct, 2. over exaggeration on lab safety such as overly complicated risk assessments, staffs always policing around to report whatever or whoever doesn't comply to lab policies rather than finding ways to improve the lab conditions/research experience in general. 3. Department head is completely out-of-touch in terms of student study experience (maybe slightly better for undergraduate but definitely not for postgrad and phd).

This is just my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending