The Student Room Group

College applications and choosing the right courses

hey everyone ! i just wanted to ask a question

i am going to college this september and i have applied for health and social care and then im going to apply for childcare next year as the course leads onto that. but i wanted to ask if it would be helpful for me to do this or will it be a waste of time ?

in the future i would like to be a musical therapist, so if you are going to be one or know someone who is one, what courses should i take ? and is university a good option ?

btw being a teaching assistant is my backup so if health and social care is good for that pls lmk

Original post by Anonymous
hey everyone ! i just wanted to ask a question

i am going to college this september and i have applied for health and social care and then im going to apply for childcare next year as the course leads onto that. but i wanted to ask if it would be helpful for me to do this or will it be a waste of time ?

in the future i would like to be a musical therapist, so if you are going to be one or know someone who is one, what courses should i take ? and is university a good option ?

btw being a teaching assistant is my backup so if health and social care is good for that pls lmk

Hi there!

I've found a link through the National Careers Service which explains how you could approach becoming a music therapist: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-profiles/music-therapist

It seems that education would be an appropriate course, but music or psychology may also be necessary at university level to apply for a postgraduate degree in music therapy. I hope this helps! Good luck at college in September :smile:

Rachel- YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending