The Student Room Group

Would having autism & experiences of selfharm affect my occupational health report?

Will ASD (not severe) and documented self harm (at age 13) affect my chance to be a student mental health nurse? I'm kinda scared I won't make it in...
Reply 1
Original post by NurtureProtect
Will ASD (not severe) and documented self harm (at age 13) affect my chance to be a student mental health nurse? I'm kinda scared I won't make it in...

Very highly unlikely.

Im just coming to the end of my first year of mental health nursing and have a diagnosis of Bipolar and prior to starting uni yo-yoed in and out of the mental health services and occy health were perfectly happy. Occy health are there to see if you need support and how they can help, as long as assessing any serious issues with fitness to practice. But my mate badly self harmed, took a week out of placement and occy health deemed her fit for practice as she took time out, was aware of and acknowledged her feelings and reached out for help
Original post by PonchoKid
Very highly unlikely.

Im just coming to the end of my first year of mental health nursing and have a diagnosis of Bipolar and prior to starting uni yo-yoed in and out of the mental health services and occy health were perfectly happy. Occy health are there to see if you need support and how they can help, as long as assessing any serious issues with fitness to practice. But my mate badly self harmed, took a week out of placement and occy health deemed her fit for practice as she took time out, was aware of and acknowledged her feelings and reached out for help

oh okay, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending