The Student Room Group

Extra Curriculars

I am only in year 10 but I currently have no extra curriculars - I don't play music or do sports - the only thing close to an extracurricular I do is CCF(combined cadet force) however I may drop that by the end of this year. Is there anything you might reccommend me doing? Is it good for applications to top universities? I am considering applying for a CompSci / Maths course at uni...
Reply 1
You dont need extra curriculars. Unis are far more interested in why you want to study Comp Sci at degree level than your hobbies. If you feel you need something, then volunteer in a charity shop over the summer, or train for a 5km charity run etc - you can then explain very briefly about what you learnt or got out of doing this - 'communication skills', 'working with others', 'working towards a goal', 'improved by self confidence' etc etc.
do your preferred universities have computer science or maths clubs for year 10 students? do the universities hold summer schools?
Reply 3
Original post by beautifulworld
do your preferred universities have computer science or maths clubs for year 10 students?
do the universities hold summer schools?

How Unis do you know of who "have computer science or maths clubs for year 10 students" ??
Summer Schools are usually for Year 12 going into Year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending