The Student Room Group

advice on suing apple

I bought an Ipad in December and after a month it started getting really hot and now for the past 3-4 months its glitching on safari.

I have been to ale store 8 times and the geneses have not done anything and I even have done a factory rest and the glitching problem wont go away.

Last time they contacted the the technician higher up on what to do and the technician just said it should be solved in the next software update but I have done a software update before and the problem didn't go away. When i explained this to the guy working there he said he's not a technician.

One guy over the phone said its probably a hardware problem and to go back to the store, when i go to the store they try to make it out as software.

They just wont admit they sold me a faulty product

I want to either sue or write a letter to somewhere higher up but how can I do that?

Also every time I turn on my ipad the blue tooth and wifi are automatically on, how do i stop that?
Original post by Kdog21
I bought an Ipad in December and after a month it started getting really hot and now for the past 3-4 months its glitching on safari.

I have been to ale store 8 times and the geneses have not done anything and I even have done a factory rest and the glitching problem wont go away.

Last time they contacted the the technician higher up on what to do and the technician just said it should be solved in the next software update but I have done a software update before and the problem didn't go away. When i explained this to the guy working there he said he's not a technician.

One guy over the phone said its probably a hardware problem and to go back to the store, when i go to the store they try to make it out as software.

I want to either sue or write a letter to somewhere higher up but how can I do that?

Also every time I turn on my ipad the blue tooth and wifi are automatically on, how do i stop that?

You should ask for a replacement. Show them the evidence that it is a hardware issue.

Apple is a trillion dollar behemoth organisation, your lawsuit would be laughed out of the lawyer’s office
(edited 9 months ago)
you would never be able to sue them, sorry. also the wifi coming on automatically problem, im unsure you would be able to get rid of that. bluetooth may be simpler, id google that
Original post by Kdog21

I sued apple around 4 years ago and was successful in winning over 795 million dollars. I would recommend approaching Tim Cook himself, nice guy
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
You should ask for a replacement. Show them the evidence that it is a hardware issue.

Apple is a trillion dollar behemoth organisation, your lawsuit would be laughed out of the lawyer’s office

Thanks for replying, I have asked for a replacement and they just keep on making excuses not to give me one
Reply 5
Original post by elletheresa
you would never be able to sue them, sorry. also the wifi coming on automatically problem, im unsure you would be able to get rid of that. bluetooth may be simpler, id google that

I'm trying to find an email of someone higher up I can contact as all the geniuses are useless
The geniuses are really not that smart. They are overglorified customer sales people.
Reply 7
Original post by B7861
I sued apple around 4 years ago and was successful in winning over 795 million dollars. I would recommend approaching Tim Cook himself, nice guy

so you're a millionaire but still spend your free time giving advice on student room, stay humble
Original post by Kdog21
Thanks for replying, I have asked for a replacement and they just keep on making excuses not to give me one

Ask to speak to their manager and show evidence that the main office said it was a hardware fault.
Original post by Kdog21
so you're a millionaire but still spend your free time giving advice on student room, stay humble

it is what it is brother
Reply 10
Crapple has awful customer support considering how many issues people have. The only redeeming quality is their security systems, so unless you need that for work or something I'd resell it or turn it in and get something better. Fighting the software all the time is not worth it.
i had a security issue and they didn't care about it either. just kept telling me software update will fix it and it's been a year since then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending