The Student Room Group

fail in resit

Hi guys, I'm second year at Glasgow University. I failed 2 modules in the resits. What can I do now? Can I continue my third academic year?
Reply 1
Look into whether your modules can be compensated (so you don't have to pass them for you to still count as a pass) and see whether you can retake just the assessments in your third year. If nothing i guess you can retake the year
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I'm second year at Glasgow University. I failed 2 modules in the resits. What can I do now? Can I continue my third academic year?

Usually, you need to gain a minimum of credits to get into your next academic year. Checking if you have the minimum credits even though you didn't pass the modules would be helpful. Your progression depends on your credits and your uni regulations. E.g. If you have the minimum credits to progress in your third year, the uni may allow you to retake the modules in the third year. You may need to repeat the year if you did not achieve the minimum credits. (It depends on your uni regulations of your degree programme.)
Original post by Anonymous

Hi I’m in a similar situation , basically I messed up my second year . Barely got through and I think I failed 2 of my resits . But I recently faced bereavement prior to the resits . Hopefully they allow me to be granted a further attempt , meaning partial repeat with no attendance as I’m an international student . Basically , I’m doing CompSci and the workload overwhelmed and due to my anxiety and depression mid semester I just gave up . And now only I regret to why I have done that . Some of the universities are lenient with their students some aren’t really it depends on the assessment board .I’m just awaiting decision whether I’ll be withdrawn or I’ll be given another chance .
Hi, if I may ask, what uni are you in? Glasgow as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending