The Student Room Group

Self employment

Hello I work at a out church doing manual labour I've been working with these people for about a few months now and not once they had pay me they say they I'm going to get paid but they are also getting a bit weird about paying me because of tax reasons I think they stated.

However also It's due to my mums fault as she handles my siblings accounts and what money comes in and out which is frustrating as keep asking we need to sort out how get paid but it is also on their side they shouldnt have to be difficult about it it's just transferring money as I need to get paid as I'm working for them at the end of the day.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I should've been clicking my hours on my hourse but stupid me didn't I've got some hours in my notes but hopefully I can find days which I didn't work and days which I did I only work once a week with them .

But in general I'm getting frustrated with them as they are not being easy getting paid by them have any of you experienced this In terms of self employment and how to actually deal with people not paying you when they said they would?
Reply 1
Do you have a signed contract with them?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Do you have a signed contract with them?

No I'm not currently signed with them
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
No I'm not currently signed with them

Without a contract you're pretty much a volunteer, so they're getting free labour. Why do you think you're self-employed? And why haven't you got anything in writing?
Hello I work at a out church doing manual labour I've been working with these people for about a few months now and not once they had pay me they say they I'm going to get paid but they are also getting a bit weird about paying me because of tax reasons I think they stated.

However also It's due to my mums fault as she handles my siblings accounts and what money comes in and out which is frustrating as keep asking we need to sort out how get paid but it is also on their side they shouldnt have to be difficult about it it's just transferring money as I need to get paid as I'm working for them at the end of the day.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I should've been clicking my hours on my hourse but stupid me didn't I've got some hours in my notes but hopefully I can find days which I didn't work and days which I did I only work once a week with them .

But in general I'm getting frustrated with them as they are not being easy getting paid by them have any of you experienced this In terms of self employment and how to actually deal with people not paying you when they said they would?

What did they say to you when you took this on?
Reply 5
Original post by Kutie Karen
What did they say to you when you took this on?

They said are you currently employed with a different job I said yes. They said how much do they pay me hourly and I said £10 an hour is they said they will pay me £10 an hour even though I haven't signed or did anything related to a contract if this helps.
They said are you currently employed with a different job I said yes. They said how much do they pay me hourly and I said £10 an hour is they said they will pay me £10 an hour even though I haven't signed or did anything related to a contract if this helps.

That's good. Go back to whoever said that to you and tell them this as that is what was agreed as you should be paid and not doing this a volunteer. Let us know how you get on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending