The Student Room Group

Maintenance support as Self-employed

Hi,

I just started my second academic year (January cohort until September) and I would like to ask if there’s any chance and what’s the process of applying for maintenance loan as self employed.

Last year in September my circumstances changed as I changed my employer and because my new contract was temporary with the end date before the start of the new academic year, my student application has been cancelled and I’ve been told to apply for tuition fee first and for maintenance loan only when I’ll get a new temporary or permanent contract.

I’m still working full time with my new employer but I’ll be still on probation another 6 months.

My question is, if I get a proof of a new temporary contract, can I reapply for the maintenance loan?

What if I would like to apply using my self employment status as recently I got my UTR number and I’m even thinking to go full time as self employed.

What proof do I need to provide in this case?
Thank you so much.

Regards,
VRemus
Original post by VRemus
Hi,

I just started my second academic year (January cohort until September) and I would like to ask if there’s any chance and what’s the process of applying for maintenance loan as self employed.

Last year in September my circumstances changed as I changed my employer and because my new contract was temporary with the end date before the start of the new academic year, my student application has been cancelled and I’ve been told to apply for tuition fee first and for maintenance loan only when I’ll get a new temporary or permanent contract.

I’m still working full time with my new employer but I’ll be still on probation another 6 months.

My question is, if I get a proof of a new temporary contract, can I reapply for the maintenance loan?

What if I would like to apply using my self employment status as recently I got my UTR number and I’m even thinking to go full time as self employed.

What proof do I need to provide in this case?
Thank you so much.

Regards,
VRemus

Hi there,

Yes, as soon as you get a new contract of employment you should upload it to your account (along with any payslips you have). This will then be reviewed by the Migrant Worker team in around 13 working days.

If this is all okay with them they can reinstate your Maintenance Loan.

Also, yes - you can be a Migrant Worker if you're self-employed.

Do you have any invoices or bank statements so far for any work you've done?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Yes, as soon as you get a new contract of employment you should upload it to your account (along with any payslips you have). This will then be reviewed by the Migrant Worker team in around 13 working days.

If this is all okay with them they can reinstate your Maintenance Loan.

Also, yes - you can be a Migrant Worker if you're self-employed.

Do you have any invoices or bank statements so far for any work you've done?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your reply.

In regards of self employment, yes, I’ve got a few invoices already, I’m doing food/parcel delivery for now, when I’m free from work.

Do I need to send again the PN1 form please?
As for my tuition fee I’ve been put to apply using EUN form.

Thank you.
Original post by VRemus
Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your reply.

In regards of self employment, yes, I’ve got a few invoices already, I’m doing food/parcel delivery for now, when I’m free from work.

Do I need to send again the PN1 form please?
As for my tuition fee I’ve been put to apply using EUN form.

Thank you.

Hi there,

If you have self employment evidence you can upload that online and not send the PN1 form. If the evidence is acceptable we can reinstate the Migrant Worker application for you.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

If you have self employment evidence you can upload that online and not send the PN1 form. If the evidence is acceptable we can reinstate the Migrant Worker application for you.

Thanks, Ross

Thank you Ross.

Regards,
Original post by VRemus
Thank you Ross.

Regards,

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest