The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Uea or essex

So I'm looking at marketing and management undergraduate course. I realised today that uea doesn't say they're accredited by anyone however the university of Essex is accredited by CIM. I was wondering if this would make an impact. uea seems more up to date and has more module options to choose from than Essex but I don't want to limit my future. Statically uea students earn slightly more and are more employable.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm looking at marketing and management undergraduate course. I realised today that uea doesn't say they're accredited by anyone however the university of Essex is accredited by CIM. I was wondering if this would make an impact. uea seems more up to date and has more module options to choose from than Essex but I don't want to limit my future. Statically uea students earn slightly more and are more employable.

Unless the difference in 'employability' is huge, then that shouldn't influence you. Re CIM qualifications, employers like them, but they also value experience so if the courses offer you work placements, that is a great start. Also, do as many marketing things in your own time (eg working on student media - blogs/magazines) as that will help build up your skills. You might want to contact the universities directly about their CIM accreditation (or ask when you visit), but many people gain CIM qualifications in their own time, through self funding or occasionally via sponsorship from their employer. If an employer does have a marketing department (often very small), it is unlikely that most will care which place you went to - or whether you have an actual degree in the subject. Your ability to get results (via a great campaign or via improving the image of the company) will be one of the criteria for success. So, go for the place that appeals to you the most, is my advice.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending