The Student Room Group

Can I leave permanent jobs?

Got accepted into a call centre job at webhelp however it is a permanent full time position, and I just want to work for a couple months until I find an actual job in my field from my university degree
Reply 1
Original post by Agent456
Got accepted into a call centre job at webhelp however it is a permanent full time position, and I just want to work for a couple months until I find an actual job in my field from my university degree

Of course you can leave a permanent job. "Permanent" is code for what my employer would now call an "open-ended contract" -- i.e. one with no fixed end date. That doesn't mean that you can't (or your employer can't) terminate that contract.

No one is going to be surprised at a graduate taking a call centre job as a short-term thing (even on a "permanent" contract) and then moving on to another role in future. Just make sure you know what your contract says in terms of how much notice you need to give of leaving, and then give that notice when you do leave.
Original post by Agent456

Of course you can leave a permanent job. Most people have permanent jobs that have no end date. Most people leave jobs at some point in their lives for whatever reason (find a better job that's more money/better location/more in line with their career plans etc).
When the time comes just check how much notice you have to give your employer that you are leaving (e.g. 2/3/4 weeks) and give them the required amount of notice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending