The Student Room Group

Study timetable help

I would like someone to recommend a way to do a study timetable if possible? (Flexible ones)

This September I will be in yr11 and I rlly want to get better grades in my mocks! I'm planning to attend (optional may change) period 6 to help. But unfortunately I have a part time work which limits the time I can revise by myself.

I work a 5pm-10pm job on Friday and Saturday. And throughout the week have to fit homework in or other activities. How could I revise in a short time but effectively? Or during this summer(and future holidays)?

Thank you in advance xx
When i was in year 11 i would do 45 minutes per subject with 15 minute breaks (so 1 hour rotas for subject basically) and i would do 3 subjects a day. This meant i could study all of them but also have the time to focus on the subjects i found hardest.
Reply 2
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
When i was in year 11 i would do 45 minutes per subject with 15 minute breaks (so 1 hour rotas for subject basically) and i would do 3 subjects a day. This meant i could study all of them but also have the time to focus on the subjects i found hardest.

That seems possible to work 👍
But I can only do 2 subjects a day max is that still good?

Thank you once again xx
Original post by Trickia

Thank you once again xx

Anything is better than nothing. It is great that you are so motivated and dedicated to your learning! Perhaps prioritise the subjects you find most challenging and then move to the others when/if you have time and energy. Also, make sure you do take breaks and reward yourself x
Reply 4
Original post by Forever student
Anything is better than nothing. It is great that you are so motivated and dedicated to your learning! Perhaps prioritise the subjects you find most challenging and then move to the others when/if you have time and energy. Also, make sure you do take breaks and reward yourself x

Education is important and I like learning tbh 😂
Will prioritise the subjects i find weak👍
Original post by Trickia

Thank you once again xx

I agree with forever student, something is better than nothing lol. Just remember to prioritise your mental health because burnout can be truly shite. You'll be okay. Most the people I know only started revising in january in year 11 and they all did good regardless
Reply 6
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
I agree with forever student, something is better than nothing lol. Just remember to prioritise your mental health because burnout can be truly shite. You'll be okay. Most the people I know only started revising in january in year 11 and they all did good regardless

Got it👍
Original post by Trickia
Got it👍

Yeah you've had good comments above. When you're putting the timetable together (not sure if you're planning to do it digitally or on paper), but I usually stick all pre-existing commitments in first (including downtime!) and then it will give you a clearer picture of what time you have left to fill with study.

I fully agree with the comment above about prioritising more challenging subjects as you can always revisit others if you have time later down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest