The Student Room Group

Queen Mary university holidays

I would like to know how the holiday system works in this university. When are the holidays and for how long mainly the spring one?
Original post by Hidden77
I would like to know how the holiday system works in this university. When are the holidays and for how long mainly the spring one?

See https://www.qmul.ac.uk/about/calendar/.

Semester 2 ends on Friday 12 April 2024. Semester 3 starts on Monday 29 April 2024. This holiday is therefore two weeks long.
Reply 2
I see thank you one more thing would you be allowed to go on a holiday two weeks before the end of the semester or is it too important to miss
Original post by Hidden77
I see thank you one more thing would you be allowed to go on a holiday two weeks before the end of the semester or is it too important to miss

They haven't published their Academic Regulations for 2023-24 yet, but these extracts from their 2022-23 Academic Regulations (here) are relevant (the emphasis on key sections is mine):

"Attendance and participation
2.58 Queen Mary will set expectations and minimum requirements for a student’s engagement with teaching, learning, and assessment for their programme of study; these will be published by the student’s school/institute. ‘Attendance’ does not always require physical attendance, eg distancelearning students ‘attend’ through participation in teaching, learning and assessment activities. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in deregistration.
2.59 Queen Mary will specify term, semester, and examination dates, and hours of operation. Teaching, learning, and assessment will be delivered in these periods. A student must be available to participate in these activities during the published periods and hours of operation. Occasionally, these activities may occur outside of the periods specified as term or semester dates (eg field trips); dates will be published in advance, and students are still expected to attend these activities.
2.60 A student must not be absent from Queen Mary during term-time without obtaining written agreement in advance from their Head of School/Institute (or nominee)."

Quick Reply

Latest