The Student Room Group

Funding 2nd Degree Bsc Physio

Hi all, any help much appreciated.
Got a BA degree over 10 years ago so this would be my 2nd degree due to a career change to physiotherapy. Utterly confused by funding despite reading the information available online.
I'll be 38 on starting. Its a full time course, so I'm wondering how to live whilst studying, I am more than happy to work as much as possible.
Self employed, but earning under £12k.
No savings
No other household income (single) & no kids.
Currently having treatment for breast cancer so on Universal credit (hopefully this wont be the case next year!) and working a few hours each week at the moment.

If anyone can shed some light on what I would be entitled to that would be great please or just make things a little clearer. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Lozzilu
Hi all, any help much appreciated.
Got a BA degree over 10 years ago so this would be my 2nd degree due to a career change to physiotherapy. Utterly confused by funding despite reading the information available online.
I'll be 38 on starting. Its a full time course, so I'm wondering how to live whilst studying, I am more than happy to work as much as possible.
Self employed, but earning under £12k.
No savings
No other household income (single) & no kids.
Currently having treatment for breast cancer so on Universal credit (hopefully this wont be the case next year!) and working a few hours each week at the moment.

If anyone can shed some light on what I would be entitled to that would be great please or just make things a little clearer. Thank you.

I believe that physiotherapy like many healthcare degrees is an exception to the no funding for a second degree thing. I believe you’re eligible to have a student loan and apply for a maintenance loan as well as possibly being able to apply for the NHS learning fund but I’m less sure on that one.
Reply 2
Like the previous poster said, physiotherapy will be fully funded as a second degree
Reply 3
Thank you both for replying. Excellent news, I’ll press on!
Reply 4
Original post by Lozzilu
Thank you both for replying. Excellent news, I’ll press on!

Good luck with your journey. I’m super excited to start my course in September so I hope it all goes well for you!
Reply 5
Original post by Feeb_05
Good luck with your journey. I’m super excited to start my course in September so I hope it all goes well for you!

Good for you. Enjoy it! Where are you studying?
Reply 6
Original post by Lozzilu
Good for you. Enjoy it! Where are you studying?

If I get the grades university of Southampton. Thrilled I got an offer as it was my number one and really the place I could picture myself studying at as the course was just what I was looking for and everyone was super nice. Where are you thinking of applying if you decide to obviously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending