The Student Room Group

Student loan for Nursing after previously completing a Masters

I’m wanting to go back to uni to train as a Nurse. Will I receive funding even if I’ve had a masters (not healthcare related) previously?

I’ve read you can get a student loan for a 2nd degree in Nursing but I wasn’t sure if me having also had funding for a masters would affect this.
Original post by Steph94x
I’m wanting to go back to uni to train as a Nurse. Will I receive funding even if I’ve had a masters (not healthcare related) previously?

I’ve read you can get a student loan for a 2nd degree in Nursing but I wasn’t sure if me having also had funding for a masters would affect this.

Hi Steph,

Yes, most Nursing courses are exceptions, which means you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check to make sure it's an exception.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Steph,

Yes, most Nursing courses are exceptions, which means you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check to make sure it's an exception.

Thanks, Graeme

Hello,

Is BSc Adult Nursing (RN) at Salford University an exception? keeping in mind that I have both BSc and MSc from a non-healthcare related field.

Best Regards
Original post by student101post
Hello,

Is BSc Adult Nursing (RN) at Salford University an exception? keeping in mind that I have both BSc and MSc from a non-healthcare related field.

Best Regards

Hi there,

When would this course start and how long would it be? Is it full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

When would this course start and how long would it be? Is it full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire

Starts in January, Full-time.
Original post by student101post
Starts in January, Full-time.

Is the course 3 years at is it based in Bury College Campus?

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending