The Student Room Group

Careers advice and future planning

I'm currently studying level 1 maths and English with an exam literally on Friday and I feel really anxious about studying level 1 maths because I'm autistic and dyslexic so I may find learning a little harder than most people.

I know for a fact that I need extra time to figure out if I want to become a counsellor, scientist, plumber nor electrician or wherever fate leads me.

Can anybody help?
I think all I can say, is as long as you can honestly say to yourself you tried your best and worked your hardest - that is all you can do and you should be proud of yourself.

Go into your exam on Friday and feel at peace that you've done all you can.

If it doesn't go your way, there will be other opportunities in the future. My Dad was managing multi million pound budgets and finally got his Maths GCSE in his 40s! It's never too late.

Give it your best shot so that you have as many options open to you as you can, but doors always open for people who work hard, no matter what it says on a piece of paper.

Good luck and try not to worry too much - you've got this!

Jenny - a rep from Arts University Plymouth.
Original post by uranium199842t
I'm currently studying level 1 maths and English with an exam literally on Friday and I feel really anxious about studying level 1 maths because I'm autistic and dyslexic so I may find learning a little harder than most people.

I know for a fact that I need extra time to figure out if I want to become a counsellor, scientist, plumber nor electrician or wherever fate leads me.

Can anybody help?

I know it's difficult and overwhelming. Just focus on your exam for now and then you can spend some time thinking about the career you would like to try.

There's also no issue with trying one of the careers that you think you will like, and then changing later if it's not something you enjoy. Yes, it might take a bit of time to figure it out and there might be some changes, but there's support around to try and help you with that.

If you would like someone to message and think this through with, I'd be happy to help you :smile:

Good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 3
How did it go? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending