The Student Room Group

How does it feel to a student overseas

Hey friends, whats your experience staying or studing in a foreign country
Original post by educator allie

Hey! Just to check, do you mean how does it feel for an international student to study in the UK or how does it feel for a UK student to student abroad? :smile:

- LT
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Hey! Just to check, do you mean how does it feel for an international student to study in the UK or how does it feel for a UK student to student abroad? :smile:

- LT

from any perspective
from any perspective

Worth checking our a blog written by one of our students :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7369069

- LT

Hi,

Different. Everything is quite different from my home country, from food, culture to moral values so it can be quite challenging especially if you don't have any family members or relatives around to make you feel less home sick. But it's a great experience, there are so many opportunities that I wouldn't have if I was still home. But there are still restrictions being an international student which can be very annoying. Anyways, you get to meet new people and learn new things from them but sometimes you feel like an outcast. Basically there is a downside for every benefit but in my opinion, it's definitely worth it. I would love to study or live in other different countries as well.

Benedicta,
Digital Ambassador-UoS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending