The Student Room Group

Student housing

Hi I’m currently moving into my 2nd year uni home and my housemate I’m living with still hasn’t sent off their guarantor form.even though I’m supposed to be moving in on Monday what can I do as I have sent multiple messages to remind them and they say their parents still need to sign it but the student accommodation company states no one will get keys until everyone send back their guarantor form idk what to do
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m currently moving into my 2nd year uni home and my housemate I’m living with still hasn’t sent off their guarantor form.even though I’m supposed to be moving in on Monday what can I do as I have sent multiple messages to remind them and they say their parents still need to sign it but the student accommodation company states no one will get keys until everyone send back their guarantor form idk what to do

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about your current predicament. I understand the kind of position you are in and think perhaps if you explained to your housemate that you need to move in on the particular date but they need to complete the documents for that to happen then that might help them to understand the urgency of the matter. If you don't think texting will spur them along, then perhaps a call as this means you can discuss the issues properly together. Maybe they are struggling to convince their parents to sign it? If you have tried these then I would be trying to contact the accommodation/landlord by asking them to speak to them or see if you are able to move in still- they might have a policy for what to do- this might be finding a different housemate.

Wishing you the best of luck and I hope you manage to move in!
Rachel- YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending