The Student Room Group

Nottingham vs. York for LLB

I'm still trying to decide between the two universities. Simply in terms of school reputation and employability, which university would be better for a LLB course? I'm aware of the PBL method by York, and I'm really intrigued by it but also kinda worried it might not be a fit for me.
Reply 1
Original post by frstyy
I'm still trying to decide between the two universities. Simply in terms of school reputation and employability, which university would be better for a LLB course? I'm aware of the PBL method by York, and I'm really intrigued by it but also kinda worried it might not be a fit for me.

Have you found The Guardian's University ranking guide? It gives details on these statistics.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/the-guardian-university-guide-2023-the-rankings

Just remember though. It isn't the university that makes you good. It is you that makes you good. Good universities only look good because they choose the best people. Those people would probably do well wherever they go so don't put too much credence on reputation and employability. Where will you be happy and comfortable working is the biggest question for me.
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
Have you found The Guardian's University ranking guide? It gives details on these statistics.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/the-guardian-university-guide-2023-the-rankings

Just remember though. It isn't the university that makes you good. It is you that makes you good. Good universities only look good because they choose the best people. Those people would probably do well wherever they go so don't put too much credence on reputation and employability. Where will you be happy and comfortable working is the biggest question for me.

thanks! the guardian ranking seems interesting because i feel like the rankings are slightly different? unconventional from the other rankings(like complete university guide). I'd definitely check it out, though!
Reply 3
Both universities are good - If it was me I would go for Nottingham. It has been a russell group for a longer and is more known to employers as being a high quality university.

York is still a very good university through and if law firm had two candidates to pick from them, they would not pick based on the university but grades, work experience etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending