The Student Room Group

Girl I dated congratulated me on my degree?!

Over the Christmas break, I went on a date with this girl at my Uni. It went really well and she asked if I wanted to see her again, to which I said yes. After that, she just kept postponing and cancelling for the next few weeks. I stopped messaging thinking she wasn’t interested and was leading me on. When we came back for the next semester, we didn’t talk to each other at all, despite being in the same classes. Neither of us approached the other.

She’s now just messaged to congratulate me on my degree (which she knew I got two months ago like everyone else on our course), after six months of having not spoken to me.

Should I address the elephant in the room and get clarification on what happened or is there no point and she’s actually not trying to get back into my life?
I suspect she's just being polite and would not read anything into it. That said, no harm in a polite reply and see if a conversation starts.
Reply 2
I wouldn’t get too heavy with elephants in the room even though it is disappointing when something initially positive doesn’t work out. Acknowledge her message and see where it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending