The Student Room Group

Does school projectors use Infrared (IR) signals?

Do school projectors use Infrared (IR) signals? I'm planning on using the TV-B-GONE on it, and need to know if school projectors rely on Infrared (IR) signals.
Reply 1
Yes they do
Reply 2
Original post by nerak99
Yes they do

cheers
Why would you need to use such a device on the school projectors rather than the actual control device?
Reply 4
Because it’s able to turn off any TV. the remote would only be able to turn off the projector, I wanna be able to turn all tvs off
Reply 5
Tv be gone is intended to switch off TELEVISIONS.
Some projectors use IR remotes but most installations use data lines from the computer to auto switch on and off.
Reply 6
Original post by domonict
Tv be gone is intended to switch off TELEVISIONS.
Some projectors use IR remotes but most installations use data lines from the computer to auto switch on and off.

So it’s not 100% that it’ll be able to turn the projector off?
Original post by Zanquele
Because it’s able to turn off any TV. the remote would only be able to turn off the projector, I wanna be able to turn all tvs off

And why would you need or want to do this? If you're the teacher you'll have access to all the relevant remotes surely (or if not can call up IT to get them to help).
Reply 8
Original post by artful_lounger
And why would you need or want to do this? If you're the teacher you'll have access to all the relevant remotes surely (or if not can call up IT to get them to help).

Mate.. sorry to break it to you but I’m not the teacher.. 😂
Original post by Zanquele
Mate.. sorry to break it to you but I’m not the teacher.. 😂

I look forward to your future thread "I got given detention on saturday and now my parents are really mad can I sue my school" in that case...
Reply 10
Original post by artful_lounger
I look forward to your future thread "I got given detention on saturday and now my parents are really mad can I sue my school" in that case...

What r u waffling about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending