The Student Room Group

copper iud side effects! help needed

Hello,I had a copper iud inserted a week ago tomorrow. I didn't feel much pain at the insertion, had very minimal bleeding and a fair bit of cramping that still has not subsided. I am due to come on my period very soon, today or tomorrow, which I thought had happened yesterday when I had increased bleeding and some severe cramps. However, I last night concluded that this was not my period as the bleeding subsided, where as normally, bleeding on my period is fairly intense and I am definitely sure the current bleeding is not my period. I also had some pretty intense cramps (hence why I initially thought this was my period). currently, im having light bleeding, I wouldn't call it spotting, but similar to the last few days of a period. some uncomfortable feelings but wouldn't call it cramps. I also come on my period like clockwork and there is no chance I could be pregnant, so now im wondering if the copper iud has maybe made my period lighter? I highly doubt it, because in most cases it makes periods heavier and more painful. Is this normal? pr any suggestions on what I should do? thank you.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest