The Student Room Group

Lancaster vs Cardiff for accounting and finance?

Hi

I am looking to apply to one of these two universities.

What are their advantages and disadvantages?

Most importantly which has stronger academics?

Thank you very much
When it comes to subject rankings there pretty close. Cardiff ranks 19,Lancaster 20, while when it comes to overall rankings Lancaster is top 10 while Cardiff is in the 20s, however Cardiff is a Russel Group but one of the lower end ones, overall Lancaster in my opinion is probably the better Uni but Cardiff might have more prestige than Lancaster.
Thank you
Original post by yupcabra23
When it comes to subject rankings there pretty close. Cardiff ranks 19,Lancaster 20, while when it comes to overall rankings Lancaster is top 10 while Cardiff is in the 20s, however Cardiff is a Russel Group but one of the lower end ones, overall Lancaster in my opinion is probably the better Uni but Cardiff might have more prestige than Lancaster.
Original post by Adrián Sánchez
Hi

I am looking to apply to one of these two universities.

What are their advantages and disadvantages?

Most importantly which has stronger academics?

Thank you very much

Hi!

I'm a student at Lancaster and I have just spent the past year working in Cardiff and living with Cardiff students for my placement year so I thought I would share my experience living in both cities. I love both Lancaster and Cardiff, however, they are quite different! Lancaster is a much smaller city, it has everything you would need just fewer options! Whereas Cardiff is much bigger with a bigger nightlife scene. Both cities have lots of large green spaces and are both close to the coast so there are plenty of places to get outside for a break!

In terms of the unis - Lancaster is a campus uni with all the uni buildings being self-contained on the campus, whereas, Cardiff is a little more spread out. Lots of the uni buildings are together but it is more integrated with the city. Both cities are fairly cheap to live in and have affordable second and third-year housing.

I don't know anything about the academics at Cardiff for your course, however, I study Maths at Lancaster and have had a great experience with lots of support offered throughout my degree.

Hope this helps,
- Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending