The Student Room Group

Can clearing reject you after giving verbal offer?

I'm currently in the process of going through clearing, and was wondering if even though I get a verbal offer, can I still be rejected?
Original post by chaz.vb
I'm currently in the process of going through clearing, and was wondering if even though I get a verbal offer, can I still be rejected?

Not unless there's some discrepancy with the details you gave them over the phone.

The clearing offer may only be valid for a certain period, but they should advise you of that.
Original post by chaz.vb

Possibly. It depends on the terms of the verbal offer. Some offers will expire after a set time. Others might not be valid if you didn’t give full details about your residency/immigration status or visa history or if there was a misunderstanding about your qualifications or you can’t provide proof of your qualifications.

If you want reassurance then you can always ask a university to email you with the terms of the clearing offer.
Hi, I had a temporary job as a Clearing Temp at Coventry a couple of years ago, and while I personally never experienced anyone go through this, I would advise that in order to avoid this situation happening accept your offer as quickly as possible. This is because Clearing spaces are still essentially limited, and Universities will naturally be more keen to accept people who are more enthusiastic about applying to their institution. Best of luck!
Original post by chaz.vb

As above, it all depends if the information you have given on the phone is correct. If it is, and you are able to provide proof of qualifications then I don't believe there is a circumstance in which you could have your verbal offer pulled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending