The Student Room Group

Cancelling a 2-year course to ensure I can do my dream course in 2024. Dear God Help

I've just found out about the 'gift year':
"Length of current course + 1 year - number of years of previous study."

Which is great, because I had to stop my 1st year of study in 2021.

I want to do this course:
BA (Hons) 3D Animation and Visual Effects at the University of Hertfordshire

Which had no places available when I applied earlier this year and again had no places when I called on results day for clearing.

I'm considering cancelling the 2-year accelerated course I was going to do this year to ensure I still have the option to do the 3-year course mentioned above in September 2024. (I feel I've been coerced into thinking that this was my only option)

How can I cancel this 2-year course (Starting 2023) to ensure I can apply to do the 3-year course (Starting 2024) with no issues?

Also even if I do wait until 2024, I haven't secured a job yet & I'm being kicked out this October 2nd and have no funds for pretty much anything right now. I'm in the middle of 2 different job interviews and trial shifts with no confirmed response yet.

One of which will decide tonight at the end of my trial shift.
Another who I'll be meeting with this week - where I've already had an interview and trial shift - to make a decision.
Then I had an interview elsewhere that I'm expecting a response back by the end of this week.

Worst case scenario I'll have to rely on a a housing charity or universal credit - which I very, very defiantly - want to avoid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending