Anglia Ruskin University A100 2022 entry

Watch this thread
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago

Welcome to the Anglia Ruskin University A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

ARU A100 2021 thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560514

For general information click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine

For entry requirements click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduat...ryrequirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by becausethenight; 11 months ago
MedMom
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
UCAT 2740, Band 2

Predicted A levels AAA

EPQ - Grade Awaited

GCSE - Maths 8, Physics 8, Bio 8, Chem 9, Eng Lang 6,

Work Exp - Not much except 2 online courses, Few weeks of Covid vaccination centre

Home student

What are chances to get interview and an offer?
RA:)
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by MedMom)
UCAT 2740, Band 2

Predicted A levels AAA

EPQ - Grade Awaited

GCSE - Maths 8, Physics 8, Bio 8, Chem 9, Eng Lang 6,

Work Exp - Not much except 2 online courses, Few weeks of Covid vaccination centre

Home student

What are chances to get interview and an offer?
Your stats would give you a good chance of receiving an interview at ARU provided you are taking Biology and at least one of Chemistry, Physics or Maths at A Level.

If you are wanting advice about where is best to apply with your stats, post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038
MedMom
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by RA:))
Your stats would give you a good chance of receiving an interview at ARU provided you are taking Biology and at least one of Chemistry, Physics or Maths at A Level.

If you are wanting advice about where is best to apply with your stats, post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038
Yes Bio, Chem and Maths in A level.
Thanks for your reply
studentLuna
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if I’m likely to get an interview at ARU.

UCAT 2530 band 2
Predicted alevels- AAA (Bio,Chem and Economics)
GCSEs
8- Biology, Design and technology, Religious Studies
7- Maths, English Lit, Chemistry,Physics,Geography
6- Further Maths , French, English Language

Contextual and Home student

Work experiences - Few virtual, a week in PLT, regular tutoring younger kids, did a month virtually volunteering at care homes by talking to residents.

Thank you in advance!
Cheahr
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I am a graduate applying for A100.

My UCAT is 2740 a d band 2 SJT
VR 540, DM 580, QR 760 and AR 860.

Academic achievement:
SPM Malaysia high school qualification - 8As and 3Bs.
ALevel 4-As in chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics (2009)
BSc Biomed Sci was first class (2012 graduated)
PhD (2016 graduated).
It was therefore a long while ago since my university attainment. Not sure if there is any academic gap restriction in ARU?

My work experience :
Research technician in cardiovascular diseases (2016-2017).
Post-doct research fellow in gastrointestinal disorders (2017-2020).
Currently working as trainee healthcare scientist (full time) in Gastrointestinal physiology (hospital).

how likely I will get an interview with my application to ARU?
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if I’m likely to get an interview at ARU.

UCAT 2530 band 2
Predicted alevels- AAA (Bio,Chem and Economics)
GCSEs
8- Biology, Design and technology, Religious Studies
7- Maths, English Lit, Chemistry,Physics,Geography
6- Further Maths , French, English Language

Contextual and Home student

Work experiences - Few virtual, a week in PLT, regular tutoring younger kids, did a month virtually volunteering at care homes by talking to residents.

Thank you in advance!
(Original post by Cheahr)
Hi, I am a graduate applying for A100.

My UCAT is 2740 a d band 2 SJT
VR 540, DM 580, QR 760 and AR 860.

Academic achievement:
SPM Malaysia high school qualification - 8As and 3Bs.
ALevel 4-As in chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics (2009)
BSc Biomed Sci was first class (2012 graduated)
PhD (2016 graduated).
It was therefore a long while ago since my university attainment. Not sure if there is any academic gap restriction in ARU?

My work experience :
Research technician in cardiovascular diseases (2016-2017).
Post-doct research fellow in gastrointestinal disorders (2017-2020).
Currently working as trainee healthcare scientist (full time) in Gastrointestinal physiology (hospital).

how likely I will get an interview with my application to ARU?
Post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038 to be advised on where to apply.
Cheahr
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038 to be advised on where to apply.
Thank you, do you know the UCAT score that usually will be accepted for interview?
zigs71
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I've short-listed ARU as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.
becausethenight
Rep:
(Original post by zigs71)
Hi, I've short-listed ARU as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.
Think it is just the interview score?
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by zigs71)
(Original post by becausethenight)
Yep, they rank all applicants interview scores and then make a cutoff
becausethenight
Rep:
PRSOM
zigs71
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Thank you so much.
smallsockbigtoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hello! I've heard ARU tend to like giving offers to those from Essex more, to what extent is this true?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by smallsockbigtoe)
Hello! I've heard ARU tend to like giving offers to those from Essex more, to what extent is this true?
Have you checked what they say on their website?
"We aspire to recruit promising and motivated students from the East of England region*. If your home address or school/college address is in the East of England region* up to one academic year prior to the time of your application, you will be allocated shortlisting points for the region and further points if the address is in Essex.
*Essex, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and the North East London Boroughs.
"

I don't htink it makes a difference at the offer stage
sunflower1p
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi guys is it risky applying with 2480 UCAT and band 1 considering I've met the other criteria?
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by sunflower1p)
Hi guys is it risky applying with 2480 UCAT and band 1 considering I've met the other criteria?
The UCAT cutoff was 2390 for 2021 entry and 2430 for 2020 entry. If you live in the Essex region, the UCAT cutoff is slightly lower.. it’s up to you whether you think it’s risky or not
Last edited by RA:); 11 months ago
xivst
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Gcse's
Maths 8
Rs 8
Bio 8
DT 8
Chem 7
physics 7
english lit 7
english lang 7
geography 7
history 7
further maths 6

Predicted
Bio A*
Chem A*
Maths A*

UCAT
2620 sjt band 2
vr 530
dm 710
Qr 710
Ar 670
AVG: 655

No contextuals

was wondering if it would be likely to get an interview with these stats
anon123456789!
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I’ve got 2670 Band 3 for UCAT. A levels received are A*AA. GCSEs are 988888876 do I have a chance of getting an interview??
ariannadimartino
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Omg I got the exact same UCAT score, what unis are you applying to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (33)
18.54%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (46)
25.84%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (89)
50%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
5.62%

Watched Threads