The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin University A100 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Anglia Ruskin University.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about ARU.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Anglia Ruskin University A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

ARU A100 2021 thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560514

For general information click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine

For entry requirements click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduat...ryrequirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your stats would give you a good chance of receiving an interview at ARU provided you are taking Biology and at least one of Chemistry, Physics or Maths at A Level.

If you are wanting advice about where is best to apply with your stats, post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if I’m likely to get an interview at ARU.

UCAT 2530 band 2
Predicted alevels- AAA (Bio,Chem and Economics)
GCSEs
8- Biology, Design and technology, Religious Studies
7- Maths, English Lit, Chemistry,Physics,Geography
6- Further Maths , French, English Language

Contextual and Home student

Work experiences - Few virtual, a week in PLT, regular tutoring younger kids, did a month virtually volunteering at care homes by talking to residents.

Thank you in advance!
Reply 3
Hi, I am a graduate applying for A100.

My UCAT is 2740 a d band 2 SJT
VR 540, DM 580, QR 760 and AR 860.

Academic achievement:
SPM Malaysia high school qualification - 8As and 3Bs.
ALevel 4-As in chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics (2009)
BSc Biomed Sci was first class (2012 graduated)
PhD (2016 graduated).
It was therefore a long while ago since my university attainment. Not sure if there is any academic gap restriction in ARU?

My work experience :
Research technician in cardiovascular diseases (2016-2017).
Post-doct research fellow in gastrointestinal disorders (2017-2020).
Currently working as trainee healthcare scientist (full time) in Gastrointestinal physiology (hospital).

how likely I will get an interview with my application to ARU?
Reply 4
Original post by studentLuna
Hi,

UCAT 2530 band 2
GCSEs

Work experiences - Few virtual, a week in PLT, regular tutoring younger kids, did a month virtually volunteering at care homes by talking to residents.

Thank you in advance!

Original post by Cheahr
Hi, I am a graduate applying for A100.

My UCAT is 2740 a d band 2 SJT
VR 540, DM 580, QR 760 and AR 860.

Academic achievement:
SPM Malaysia high school qualification - 8As and 3Bs.
ALevel 4-As in chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics (2009)
BSc Biomed Sci was first class (2012 graduated)
PhD (2016 graduated).
It was therefore a long while ago since my university attainment. Not sure if there is any academic gap restriction in ARU?

My work experience :
Research technician in cardiovascular diseases (2016-2017).
Post-doct research fellow in gastrointestinal disorders (2017-2020).
Currently working as trainee healthcare scientist (full time) in Gastrointestinal physiology (hospital).

how likely I will get an interview with my application to ARU?

Post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038 to be advised on where to apply.
Reply 5
Original post by RA:)
Post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038 to be advised on where to apply.

Thank you, do you know the UCAT score that usually will be accepted for interview?
Reply 6
Hi, I've short-listed ARU as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.
Original post by zigs71
Hi, I've short-listed ARU as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.

Think it is just the interview score?
Reply 8
Original post by zigs71

Original post by becausethenight

Yep, they rank all applicants interview scores and then make a cutoff :smile:

PRSOM :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by becausethenight

Thank you so much.
Hello! I've heard ARU tend to like giving offers to those from Essex more, to what extent is this true?
Reply 12
Original post by smallsockbigtoe
Hello! I've heard ARU tend to like giving offers to those from Essex more, to what extent is this true?

Have you checked what they say on their website?
"We aspire to recruit promising and motivated students from the East of England region*. If your home address or school/college address is in the East of England region* up to one academic year prior to the time of your application, you will be allocated shortlisting points for the region and further points if the address is in Essex.
*Essex, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and the North East London Boroughs.
"

I don't htink it makes a difference at the offer stage
Hi guys is it risky applying with 2480 UCAT and band 1 considering I've met the other criteria?
Reply 14
Original post by sunflower1p
Hi guys is it risky applying with 2480 UCAT and band 1 considering I've met the other criteria?

The UCAT cutoff was 2390 for 2021 entry and 2430 for 2020 entry. If you live in the Essex region, the UCAT cutoff is slightly lower.. it’s up to you whether you think it’s risky or not :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Gcse's
Maths 8
Rs 8
Bio 8
DT 8
Chem 7
physics 7
english lit 7
english lang 7
geography 7
history 7
further maths 6

Predicted
Bio A*
Chem A*
Maths A*

UCAT
2620 sjt band 2
vr 530
dm 710
Qr 710
Ar 670
AVG: 655

No contextuals

was wondering if it would be likely to get an interview with these stats
I’ve got 2670 Band 3 for UCAT. A levels received are A*AA. GCSEs are 988888876 do I have a chance of getting an interview??
Omg I got the exact same UCAT score, what unis are you applying to?
Original post by studentLuna
Hi,

UCAT 2530 band 2
GCSEs

Thank you in advance!

OMG I got the exact same ucat score, what unis are you applying to?
Original post by anon123456789!
I’ve got 2670 Band 3 for UCAT. A levels received are A*AA. GCSEs are 988888876 do I have a chance of getting an interview??

Well from what I've heard, the UCAT cutoff for ARU last cycle was 2390, so I think you have a good chance of getting an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest