The Student Room Group

MacBook with iPad postgrad?

I am about to start my teacher training and currently have an iPad Pro and an iMac desktop, but I am considering purchasing a MacBook to accompany them. Initially I bought my ipad to replace my old laptop but having just finished my last year of uni, some aspects were a struggle (limited features on Microsoft softwares, web browsing etc) so essentially it can not replace a laptop, especially given the workload required for the training course.

Does anyone use a laptop and a tablet at the same time? I dont want to spend a lot of money just to realise it was a waste, but i can see how having both would be a huge benefit.

In my head i envisage using my desktop when at home and both the laptop and ipad when on placement or in the library, laptop for main work and ipad as a side screen. I would never consider trading in my ipad as i use it everyday fir media consumption and ipad -only apps, so the laptop would just be an extension.

Finally, after teacher training i am considering either becoming a teacher full time or going back to complete a masters, both of which would be difficult with just an ipad as a portable device

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending