The Student Room Group

Extension

Does anyone get extension and did not submit the coursework then received re extension? I hope my question understood.
You would have to have a very good reason for not submitting after the first extension.
Reply 2
Your terminology is confusing - being given an extension - I take it you had your EC / PMC application accepted? - and then were permitted to submit the assessment late? - failing to submit probably means that your assessment will now show as a non-submission. Usually, the only option open now is to go back to your Programme Administrator and ask for the Late Submission to be converted to a Non-Submission. This may be refused. In which case, you have now failed that assessment due to non-submission.
Reply 3
Original post by cheadle
Your terminology is confusing - being given an extension - I take it you had your EC / PMC application accepted? - and then were permitted to submit the assessment late? - failing to submit probably means that your assessment will now show as a non-submission. Usually, the only option open now is to go back to your Programme Administrator and ask for the Late Submission to be converted to a Non-Submission. This may be refused. In which case, you have now failed that assessment due to non-submission.

Hi, I got extension and did not submit it. My question is: can I take one more extension or do I need retake year?
Original post by namehasbeen
Hi, I got extension and did not submit it. My question is: can I take one more extension or do I need retake year?

Your course handbook should state the conditions under which you are entitled to an extension or a retake.
Reply 5
"Hi, I got extension and did not submit it. My question is: can I take one more extension or do I need retake year?"

My understanding is that you can only get one "extension" (i.e. permitted late submission due to ECs/PMCs) for an individual assessment. What happens next depends on what uni you are at, as the rules & regs vary across the sector, and it also depends on whether you have ECs/PMCs, the credit value of the module in question, whether it is core or not, etc. Has your Assessment Board met, made a decision and sent you a results letter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending