The Student Room Group

can I get an extension for eye problems

I got an appointment at a hospital for my eyes and got proof of letter, my eyes has been in pain for weeks, I applied for two week extension for my assignments since my eyes are going to be in pain for a couple of days. will the uni approve it since I got proof of appointment and the appointment is important?
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you have been in pain which has also affected your academic performance.

It's great that you took the necessary steps and contacted professionals who can help you with your eye pain. Additionally, universities typically consider medical reasons as valid grounds for coursework extension as long as you provide required decumentation, which you have.

However, each university has its own policies and regulations regarding extensions, so even if you share proof of your hospital appointments and medical condition, the final decision rests with the university as they will assess your application.

It would be best if you reach out as soon as possible to communicate openly about your situation with your mentors or academic support groups. If you encounted any difficulties, make sure to contact your university's student support services for further advice.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Original post by Sweaterweather
I got an appointment at a hospital for my eyes and got proof of letter, my eyes has been in pain for weeks, I applied for two week extension for my assignments since my eyes are going to be in pain for a couple of days. will the uni approve it since I got proof of appointment and the appointment is important?

Hi there,

It's definitely best if you contact your university as soon as you can as every uni is different and has different policies.

If you have already put your request in, try and contact your tutors or personal tutor and see if they know if it will be allowed as they will have more knowledge of your universities specific policies. As you have proof of this it is more likely they will accept it but it is best to check anyway as soon as you can so that you know either way.

I hope your eyes improve soon!

Lucy -SHU student ambassador.
Reply 3
Original post by Sweaterweather

It seems likely you'd get an extension based on what you've written.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending