The Student Room Group

could i get into serious legal trouble for this?

i was in a supermarket paying for my shopping and a worker from another section of the supermarket (it’s a supermarket with multiple shops inside) had just finished paying for theirs and left a note, which i took. i thought they wouldn’t notice considering they seemed quite old and confused. however, i did notice that they stayed around 10 feet away from where i was paying and then as i was leaving got an ipad out and took a photo in my general direction? is it possible that they were going to show this photo to security and ask them to check cctv and that they will track me down?
Maybe, that ongoing uncertainly is part of the price for being an exploitative sneak.
You stole from an old and confused person?? Yes, they will use the CCTV to track you down and arrest you for theft. Make sure you smile during the mugshot.
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
You stole from an old and confused person?? Yes, they will use the CCTV to track you down and arrest you for theft. Make sure you smile during the mugshot.

i thought they were going to leave or smth didn’t realise they actually worked there
Original post by annonnymouus
i thought they were going to leave or smth didn’t realise they actually worked there

That's not an excuse for your scummy behaviour.
Reply 5
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
That's not an excuse for your scummy behaviour.

i do feel bad tbh but they didn’t come back ?
Probably not. The police in this country don't give a crap about actual crime let alone petty theft.

Quick Reply

Latest