The Student Room Group

Advantage of an offer multiple times

There's this food shop in my city that offers free item after first purchase on their app. I made so many accounts to get their offer each time and save money. Now I regret and feels like it's very wrong to do so. Is it okay to do this or do others also do such things? I’m a uni student btw!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
There's this food shop in my city that offers free item after first purchase on their app. I made so many accounts to get their offer each time and save money. Now I regret and feels like it's very wrong to do so. Is it okay to do this or do others also do such things? I’m a uni student btw!!

If they're that stupid then take advantage.
Seems like something they should have anticipated if they only needed an email address or whatever.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Seems like something they should have anticipated if they only needed an email address or whatever.

So is it okay to do so? Asking in serious way
Of course. If they had planned enough to stop people then they wouldn't have this issue so not your fault to take advantage and save some money!
Original post by Anonymous

If they haven’t had the forethought to try and restrict it then yes, absolutely fine.
I mean there probably is a clause in the offer that states "one purchase per person" or something for that. I doubt it's likely anything would come of it but if you effectively agreed to the terms then (from a legal perspective) fraudulently misrepresented yourself (through multiple email addresses) to claim it multiple times, they might have some legal basis to pursue...something? Potentially? But that also assumes they can identify and prove that it was you in every case which is probably unlikely. Plus it could be the terms of the contract involved in the offer make it legally unenforceable anyway! So I doubt anything would come of it in that sense.

Beyond the legal picture it's purely a question of individual moral thinking and so it's really down to your perspective on the matter. Many would probably not think much of it; some may have qualms doing that personally. Whatever floats your boat.

Practically what is most likely is if they notice a lot of people misusing it they will simply withdraw the promotion. That may or may not influence how you interact with it.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1

Read the terms and conditions of the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending