The Student Room Group

Head of Year - Making up Serious Lies

My Head of Year told people in my year that the Play Fighting between me and my mate escalated to one punch more someone could of gotten killed??? I told her that it was playful fighting before hand and told people that someone could of gotten killed without my knowledge. Is that even legal???? As it drags my reputation through the mud.
Original post by nerdykidddd
My Head of Year told people in my year that the Play Fighting between me and my mate escalated to one punch more someone could of gotten killed??? I told her that it was playful fighting before hand and told people that someone could of gotten killed without my knowledge. Is that even legal???? As it drags my reputation through the mud.

You ask, "Is that even legal????". What crime do you feel may have been committed? Exaggeration?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You ask, "Is that even legal????". What crime do you feel may have been committed? Exaggeration?

what I mean is, surely lying about a situation to make me out to be a bad person isn't okay
what I mean is, surely lying about a situation to make me out to be a bad person isn't okay

I assume she genuinely thought that it was an actual fight.

To be fair, even play fighting could lead to a situation when one person slips or trips and ends up smashing their head on the corner of a desk (or whatever).
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
I assume she genuinely thought that it was an actual fight.

To be fair, even play fighting could lead to a situation when one person slips or trips and ends up smashing their head on the corner of a desk (or whatever).

She asked me what happened and I said it was a play fight for fun. It was also on grass.

she isn’t doing anything illegal, defamation of character (someone destroying your reputation) can only happen if the other party has made up a false statement about you to cause harm and/or loss. this is not happening so she is just exaggerating.

I can see how from her point of view two people play fighting could look like a proper fight

she is just trying to protect you from trouble
Reply 6
Original post by notkierantho
she isn’t doing anything illegal, defamation of character (someone destroying your reputation) can only happen if the other party has made up a false statement about you to cause harm and/or loss. this is not happening so she is just exaggerating.

I can see how from her point of view two people play fighting could look like a proper fight

she didnt see the fight and she wasn't trying to protect me from trouble she over reacted and gave me 2 internal isolations which go on my school record.
Your username’s nerdy kid so maybe she was just shocked to see you fighting instead of being in the library reading?
Original post by notkierantho

she didnt see the fight and she wasn't trying to protect me from trouble she over reacted and gave me 2 internal isolations which go on my school record.

you should speak to you about it but i assure you that two isolations will not affect your future in any way.

Quick Reply

Latest