The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

🌱Lectures at Brighton and Sussex medical school

Do you have access to lectures?

By that,will you be sent you own copy (digitally let's say I'm using a tablet) of the lecture slide before the actual lecture?

I asking because
1)I would like to incorporate that habit of brief/quickly skimming through a lecture I have for the next day.So the information is not completely new to me.

2)It will say me alot of time from writing notes.

I can simply,focus on absorbing what I'm learning rather than writing quickly.

(Which is what I did in A-levels.Then had to go home to fully understand the material.)

3)And I don't need to write notes since I have access to the lectures slides.
I can just edit my own version of the Lecture note if I wanted to
Or focus more on revising than checking that I've written everything I needed from the lecture

In a summary,
it would make my life alot easier if I had access /a copy of the lectures slide in my tablet(saving one for med school) instead of squinting and rapidly trying to write note.
Because for Bio in A-level my teacher would speak but I would not listen because I was so focused on writing down from the class slides (she refused to give us access to the slides).
So I want to avoid this.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you have access to lectures?

By that,will you be sent you own copy (digitally let's say I'm using a tablet) of the lecture slide before the actual lecture?

I asking because
1)I would like to incorporate that habit of brief/quickly skimming through a lecture I have for the next day.So the information is not completely new to me.

2)It will say me alot of time from writing notes.

I can simply,focus on absorbing what I'm learning rather than writing quickly.

(Which is what I did in A-levels.Then had to go home to fully understand the material.)

3)And I don't need to write notes since I have access to the lectures slides.
I can just edit my own version of the Lecture note if I wanted to
Or focus more on revising than checking that I've written everything I needed from the lecture

In a summary,
it would make my life alot easier if I had access /a copy of the lectures slide in my tablet(saving one for med school) instead of squinting and rapidly trying to write note.
Because for Bio in A-level my teacher would speak but I would not listen because I was so focused on writing down from the class slides (she refused to give us access to the slides).
So I want to avoid this.

Hello,

Although I am not a medic, from my own experience of uni I would be surprised if you received anything in advance without a specific statement as being required due to some disability or condition (e.g. slow processing and that kind of thing).

Often staff would make slides available AFTER the lecture. And these days universities do have a policy about this kind of thing for staff to follow.

Truthfully until you start, this isn't something you're going to know.

MR
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hello,

Although I am not a medic, from my own experience of uni I would be surprised if you received anything in advance without a specific statement as being required due to some disability or condition (e.g. slow processing and that kind of thing).

Often staff would make slides available AFTER the lecture. And these days universities do have a policy about this kind of thing for staff to follow.

Truthfully until you start, this isn't something you're going to know.

MRI

That is fine.👍
I just wanted to know if I will be given access to my own copy of the slides.

Because I rather,not make notes
(Let me finish.But instead note down any EXTRA info I want to add ONTO my own copy of the lectures slides.
After the lesson, e.g let's say I'm in my room going through what I learnt today and I add any extra info I written down earlier ONTO thoses slide.)

(Then I guess organize my "edited" version of the lectures somewhere in my tablet)

Because I wasn't able to do this during A-levels.

Just want to know will I have access,able to have my own copy of slides?

Because I think that's great,I can focus on what my professor/teacher is saying rather than stressing about getting all the notes written down.

Also,thank you for your reply :smile:
Reply 3
That is true.
Either way,(before or after a lecture) I mainly care about getting my own copy of the lecture slides :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
That is fine.👍
I just wanted to know if I will be given access to my own copy of the slides.

Because I rather,not make notes
(Let me finish.But instead note down any EXTRA info I want to add ONTO my own copy of the lectures slides.
After the lesson, e.g let's say I'm in my room going through what I learnt today and I add any extra info I written down earlier ONTO thoses slide.)

(Then I guess organize my "edited" version of the lectures somewhere in my tablet)

Because I wasn't able to do this during A-levels.

Just want to know will I have access,able to have my own copy of slides?

Because I think that's great,I can focus on what my professor/teacher is saying rather than stressing about getting all the notes written down.

Also,thank you for your reply :smile:

As I say, each university has their own policy with sharing of slides etc.
We all have our own way of working and it's just something you're going to have to try to adapt to when you start.

Go with the flow. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending