The Student Room Group

Screen Time

I'm a computer Science Student and there are times when I've just spent all day looking at a screen. Whether it's studying, working or even gaming, I feel quite annoyed by this and am now hoping to reduce this.

How much screen time do you guys have and what is your daily routine like?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a computer Science Student and there are times when I've just spent all day looking at a screen. Whether it's studying, working or even gaming, I feel quite annoyed by this and am now hoping to reduce this.

How much screen time do you guys have and what is your daily routine like?

I'm also a CS student, I set a reminder everyday to go out for a walk for at least 20 mins a day. Or you could spend that time reading a book? It doesn't have to be a book related to your course, even something like a fiction book is fine.

This may not be a very popular solution but you could also try reducing the amount of time you spend gaming? For example if you find yourself spending hours each day playing video games.

What kind of work do you do also?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm also a CS student, I set a reminder everyday to go out for a walk for at least 20 mins a day. Or you could spend that time reading a book? It doesn't have to be a book related to your course, even something like a fiction book is fine.

This may not be a very popular solution but you could also try reducing the amount of time you spend gaming? For example if you find yourself spending hours each day playing video games.

What kind of work do you do also?

Fair enough, tbh I do read a lot but it doesn't really help if most of what I'm reading are webcomics lmao. Though I do read other books too. The walking thing is a really good idea! In all honesty, that's a good solution for the gaming - though I feel that I already play a sensible amount like an hour session for a few days throughout the week?

In regards to work, I've got a part time job at the bank because I'm still studying and I'm having to look at data all day, so that also contributes towards screen time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending