The Student Room Group

Sad Man On My Doorstep

My boyfriend’s PC packed up and he’s really upset because it means so much to him. I want to try and help but like I don’t know what to do or say, especially since he’s kind of ignoring me now. I really don’t know what to do, any advice on how I can help him feel better?
Reply 1
Sounds like a song by the Smiths. Whatever you do, don't remind him of the importance of getting insurance.
Reply 2
Original post by ROTL94 4
Sounds like a song by the Smiths. Whatever you do, don't remind him of the importance of getting insurance.

Insurance is the least of his worries right now, he was trying to fix it by taking it apart and he was getting so frustrated… :frown:
I love the Smiths, what song are you thinking of?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Insurance is the least of his worries right now, he was trying to fix it by taking it apart and he was getting so frustrated… :frown:
I love the Smiths, what song are you thinking of?

You know like 'Sad man on my doorstep I know, I know, it's serious.' I'd just leave him to it tbh, hopefully he fixes it.
ask him if he spilled anything on it
or if he got a virus from a dodgy website
what state is the computer in? completely black screen or does it show the login screen but then not boot?
Reply 6
Original post by ROTL94 4
You know like 'Sad man on my doorstep I know, I know, it's serious.' I'd just leave him to it tbh, hopefully he fixes it.

Is that “girlfriend in a coma” song from the “I know, I know its serious”?
The Smiths are honestly the best, their songs are such slow paced and beautiful!
He kind of fell asleep after I told him repeatedly to leave it and come back when he’s more mentally prepared. Knocked out little man!
Reply 7
Original post by ohyegodsmyroast
ask him if he spilled anything on it
or if he got a virus from a dodgy website

He got back home and it was just not coming on
Reply 8
Original post by ohyegodsmyroast
what state is the computer in? completely black screen or does it show the login screen but then not boot?

His screen was glitching im pretty sure, he kept mumbling something about a power in his computer dying, something along those lines
oh dear ☹️ might be time for him to buy a new computer if repairing it isn't an option
I hope his files were backed up? :eek4:
Original post by Chronoscope
oh dear ☹️ might be time for him to buy a new computer if repairing it isn't an option

The files are on the hard drive/SSD and unless the part failed the files will be safe. Theoretically he can just put his old hard drive into a new computer and have nothing to worry about.
Reply 11
Original post by Chronoscope

I hope so too otherwise I would have a problem 👩*🏭
He’s bought a new computer though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending