The Student Room Group

What A-level should I choose?

I have no idea what a-levels I want to pick. I'm interested in both essay subjects and stem subjects but I'm so indecisive. When I applied I chose Biology, Sociology and Philosophy but I'm also interested in psychology and English lit. What should I pick?
Original post by Jannah06
I have no idea what a-levels I want to pick. I'm interested in both essay subjects and stem subjects but I'm so indecisive. When I applied I chose Biology, Sociology and Philosophy but I'm also interested in psychology and English lit. What should I pick?

Hi @Jannah06,

If you are thinking of going to university and potentially have ideas on this or the career goal you have in mind that could come in useful in choosing your a-levels. As some courses do have a requirement to some subjects they would like you to take prior. As this can help with understanding and knowledge for your degree.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
If you need specific grades for a career or university then it's worth taking the time to look at this.

If you don't need anything specific, pick whatever you enjoy as you are more likely to achieve more if you are enjoying it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest