The Student Room Group

Anyone know this years grade boundaries in terms of points for btec applied science?

i just finished my first year and finished overall with a Merit (happy with that tbh as i had low attendance for health reasons). i got 89/136 points, and im wondering how many points i would have needed to get a D?

i know im probably far of but im just curious.
Original post by emmaboylan
i just finished my first year and finished overall with a Merit (happy with that tbh as i had low attendance for health reasons). i got 89/136 points, and im wondering how many points i would have needed to get a D?

i know im probably far of but im just curious.

BTEC Grade Boundaries for June 2023 are here. However, I don't think these are going to provide the answer you're looking for. They tell you, for each external (examined) unit, how many points you get for a given mark. They don't tell you what overall grade you get for an overall points value - because those are fixed.

However, they're fixed per qualification, not per year. As you're doing a 2-year course I assume you're doing an Extended Diploma (worth 3 A levels). To get the mapping from overall points to overall grade for the first year of an Extended Diploma we have to use the Foundation Diploma as an approximation. It's worth 1.5 A levels and has a maximum overall points of 136 - so it's a very good fit.

We can see the conversion from the Foundation Diploma column in this table from the specification, here.

BTEC Nationals - Calculation of Qualification Grade.PNG

It shows that'd you have needed 104/136 for that Distinction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending