The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Help Needed with A-Level Choices for Uni of Portsmouth and STEM

So I've been studying A-Level physics for a year now, and are considering switching to a 1 year business A-Level to get more UCAS points. I want to study at Uni of Portsmouth and do their Counter-Terrorism degree. If I change, does that ruin my chances of getting into the course, or can I use my better overall grades, along with outside work (Like volunteering in police museums, DoFe, and work experience with BNY Mellon's Cybercrime unit) to help get in?

Any help would be appriciated
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been studying A-Level physics for a year now, and are considering switching to a 1 year business A-Level to get more UCAS points. I want to study at Uni of Portsmouth and do their Counter-Terrorism degree. If I change, does that ruin my chances of getting into the course, or can I use my better overall grades, along with outside work (Like volunteering in police museums, DoFe, and work experience with BNY Mellon's Cybercrime unit) to help get in?

Don't do A Levels just to get UCAS points, the grades you get in your A Levels are the important bit.
What does Portsmouth offer for Counter-Terrorism? What are the entry requirements?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

@University of Portsmouth can you help here?

sounds an amazing course :smile: enjoy whatever you do

Hi there, you can find the full entry requirements on the Counter Terrorism, Intelligence and Cybercrime webpage. You can see that you'll need a minimum of 120 UCAS tariff points, but these have to be gained from 3 A levels, typical grade expectations of AAB-BBB. So doing another A Level won't necessarily make you more eligible, however it can still help your application along with that great work experience. Make sure to book on to our next Open Day if you haven't already, where you'll be able to talk to lecturers from the course directly and they can give you more information on what they're looking for in applications.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending