The Student Room Group

Will I do good in year 9 ?

I was top set in year 7 apart from English I was second set but in year 8 I was second set for maths and science and set 3 for English I'm going to Year 9 this year will I be able to do good in year 9 because I want a career in medicine.

currently using cognito and Seneca to revise.

For my end-of-year exams in year 8, I got the following:
Maths - 50%
English - 60%
Science - 53%

Could anyone give me some advice please
Reply 1
Original post by Moonma
I was top set in year 7 apart from English I was second set but in year 8 I was second set for maths and science and set 3 for English I'm going to Year 9 this year will I be able to do good in year 9 because I want a career in medicine.

currently using cognito and Seneca to revise.

For my end-of-year exams in year 8, I got the following:
Maths - 50%
English - 60%
Science - 53%

Could anyone give me some advice please

Percentages don't really tell us anything. What grade are you working at?
Reply 2
I'm not working at grades right know but my target grade is a nine
Hi Moonma, it sounds like you are working really hard and I am sure you will get there. Have you tried any other revision techniques? I find that cognitio is very good for consolidating topics I don’t understand but I don’t find it great for retention. You could try creating flash cards, or blurting down knowledge and correcting it if it is a knowledge problem. It could also be an issue with answering exam questions so you could try finding level appropriate exam questions. You are only just going into year 9 so don’t worry about doing to much regular work just make sure you are understanding topics, how to answer questions and are beginning to work on what revision methods work well.
I hope this helps, good luck.
Reply 4
thank you for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending