The Student Room Group

How to get law training contracts

What are the best ways to secure training contracts at top law firms in uni. Do grades and the uni you go to matter most or is it prior experience?
Also how difficult is law of a subject to study at uni and what are some of the difficulties law students have faced
Original post by Dawud115
What are the best ways to secure training contracts at top law firms in uni. Do grades and the uni you go to matter most or is it prior experience?
Also how difficult is law of a subject to study at uni and what are some of the difficulties law students have faced

Normally the process is: you apply for their graduate training program, do their tests on their online portal (Watson Glacier…), if successful do the online video interview (you have 2 minutes to answer each question, your response is recorded), than assessment centre, than in person interview.
So, you need the grades and you need experience - showing your passion for law and your soft skills
My brother did law, I am not a law student, I cannot help answer the second part
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending