The Student Room Group

Is there a way to resubmit an online assessment?

I applied for a job online and was sent an online assessment from the recruiter. When I was doing the test, I thought I was doing the practice test and not the actual test (my fault, I know) so I was taking longer than I would have done had I known it was the actual test. I didn't realise that it was the actual assessment until it said "you're all finished". Is there a way to resubmit the assessment and try again as I don't think that I did particularly well?assessment_1.PNGassessment_2.PNG
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by RossM7
I applied for a job online and was sent an online assessment from the recruiter. When I was doing the test, I thought I was doing the practice test and not the actual test (my fault, I know) so I was taking longer than I would have done had I known it was the actual test. I didn't realise that it was the actual assessment until it said "you're all finished". Is there a way to resubmit the assessment and try again as I don't think that I did particularly well?assessment_1.PNGassessment_2.PNG

Pragmatic Approach
Call the recruiter and explain what happened. Ask them to "reset" the assessment or send you a new link.

Technical Approaches
You say you were "sent an online assessment from the recruiter". What did they send? A link? Did you have to login? When doing so, did you use an id provided by the recruiter, or did you use your own e-mail address?

If you just had to click on a link (no login) then what happens when you click that link again? Does it say something like, "You've already completed this test"? If so, try visiting the page using a different web browser or a different device. It'll likely let you try again. The recruiter will obviously get both sets of results.

If you needed to login using an id they provided, then you're almost certainly out of luck.

If you needed to login using your e-mail address, then you could create a new e-mail address and then re-try using that. The recruiter may well no have any idea who the results are from (given the different e-mail address), which isn't ideal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending