The Student Room Group

How likely is it to get student accommodation in halls as a 2nd year

During 1st year, I stayed at home which I regreted quite a lot and felt as if I missed out. I don't want it to be the case for 2nd year which is why I'm choosing to move into student accommodation. I applied back in March but I've been put on a waiting list. I'm wondering how likely is it that I would get a place?
Have you looked into non-university halls? Theres usually much more 2nd year+ students there since it can be challenging to get into official uni halls even when a first year student (sometimes).
Reply 2
Original post by ChewingOnTinfoil
Have you looked into non-university halls? Theres usually much more 2nd year+ students there since it can be challenging to get into official uni halls even when a first year student (sometimes).

Actually haven't, idk what it's really like, can you tell me about it?
Original post by Jordz_Mas
During 1st year, I stayed at home which I regreted quite a lot and felt as if I missed out. I don't want it to be the case for 2nd year which is why I'm choosing to move into student accommodation. I applied back in March but I've been put on a waiting list. I'm wondering how likely is it that I would get a place?

Hi there,
It's always possible that there will be students dropping out, cancellations etc. but I would suggest looking at alternatives. For example, private student accommodations (like us!) can offer excellent value for money with all bills included, additional facilities and more. See what's available in your uni city and join waiting lists if there are any accommodations you're interested in which are currently sold out.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Private accommodations don’t tend to care what year you are in, could check them out?
Original post by Jordz_Mas

Hi,
My understanding is that this varies from university to university so it may be worth getting in contact with the student accommodation and ask for what they think might happen. This might help you know whether you need to look for something else. Other student accommodation can also be great for a social aspect too.
I hope this helps,
Eleanor F
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending