The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

How is Cardiff University?

So I've applied for the software engineering course at Cardiff cuz i liked their modules.

I know that its a Russel group uni and all, but is there anyone here that can talk about how their experience was at Cardiff?
Original post by ChaosWorld1
So I've applied for the software engineering course at Cardiff cuz i liked their modules.

I know that its a Russel group uni and all, but is there anyone here that can talk about how their experience was at Cardiff?

Hey there! Just for context I'm a Cardiff psychology student, in my 3rd year (placement year). Honestly I'd say it's really great! I've been enjoying my time here.

I think there is so much to say and so many factors that contribute when you're talking about 'experience', per say, so let me know if there was anything specific you wanted to know about!

But honestly I do enjoy living here. The location is great, its small enough to walk everywhere but still be a city, and it's really close by the city centre. There's a lot of support for you as student as well. The Student Union is quite good in my opinion, they've done some cool stuff like give away food packages due to cost of living and do a free breakfast during exam season. The university itself is good with student support - I've accessed their mental health services and it definitely was helpful.

The affordability is also a plus! Of course things have been going up due to cost of living, but honestly, it's still one of the more affordable places to live I would say, as a student.

~ Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending