The Student Room Group

UniAcco taking a long time to refund booking fee deposit, what do I do?

Hey, so I paid for a booking fee/deposit for a room that actually turned out to be unavailable, so I asked for a cancellation and refund all within 24 hours (following their cancellation policy)

The website which is called UniAcco looked very legitimate and had great Trustpilot reviews, but now after actually paying I'm seeing some bad reviews.

My booking agent is taking forever to issue the refund and keeps saying it will be done at the end of the day then saying "No actually the room is available now" or "A refund can be done but we can try to secure another property so you don't have to pay again and again". Like dude, I just want my refund. I don't even want the room anymore and I followed the policy to a T.

What can I do about this? Genuine advice only. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by veau17
Hey, so I paid for a booking fee/deposit for a room that actually turned out to be unavailable, so I asked for a cancellation and refund all within 24 hours (following their cancellation policy)

The website which is called UniAcco looked very legitimate and had great Trustpilot reviews, but now after actually paying I'm seeing some bad reviews.

My booking agent is taking forever to issue the refund and keeps saying it will be done at the end of the day then saying "No actually the room is available now" or "A refund can be done but we can try to secure another property so you don't have to pay again and again". Like dude, I just want my refund. I don't even want the room anymore and I followed the policy to a T.

What can I do about this? Genuine advice only. Thanks.
Hey veau17, I was wondering if u ever heard back from them?
Too many people are in the same situation rn.
Thanks and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending