The Student Room Group

A Level bio or psych

i love bio and have a really good and want to try a level psych. (haven’t tried it in gcse) which is easier and more interesting. i’m stuck between the 2. i also want to do law in uni
Based off my own experience being in sixth form & chatting to mates, biology is quite tough at A Level [it gets very detailed] so definitely takes a lot more effort & revision than it did at GCSE.

Psychology I heard is super interesting but you've got to memorise facts from case studies to quote in exams, which some students find tough to do.

If you want to do Law, maybe take Psych if you don't already have another essay subject?
Reply 2
i took both at a level :smile:

bio is definitely more difficult, a lot more content to know and mark schemes are very specific, but the exams aren’t all essays and you get shorter questions. you have to genuinely enjoy biology and be interested in using it in the future to be able to feel fully motivated to do it

psych is interesting in most parts, but there’s a lot of essay content that you need to memorise and be able to regurgitate into the papers, there aren’t many short answer questions in psych (a few every so often) and it’s mostly essays so a lot of writing is involved. however, there are some topics in psychology which are very boring and because of this they’re hard to remember.
Reply 3
Original post by confuzzledteen
Based off my own experience being in sixth form & chatting to mates, biology is quite tough at A Level [it gets very detailed] so definitely takes a lot more effort & revision than it did at GCSE.

Psychology I heard is super interesting but you've got to memorise facts from case studies to quote in exams, which some students find tough to do.

If you want to do Law, maybe take Psych if you don't already have another essay subject?

i’m gonna do eng lit turkish and psych or bio. tbf i have a really good memory and essay writing so i guess psych is the good way to go?

Quick Reply

Latest